How Do I Obtain a Floodplain Permit
Projects located in an identified floodplain are subject to further restrictions.
- Fill out the floodplain application form.
- Run two separate ads in the Pioneer News. Please see the attached sample of ads.
- Return the application, the affidavit from the Pioneer News, plans and or drawings of the proposed project to Shepherdsville City Hall.
- The Floodplain Coordinator will send all forms to the Division of Water and will copy the applicant in the email.
- The Division of Water will email the permit forms once approved.
Do not start any projects until approved by the Division of Water and you have obtained a Building Permit through Bullitt Co. Planning & Zoning and the City of Shepherdsville.